- WATER – one gallon per person per day for at least 3 days for drinking and sanitation
- FOOD – at least 3 day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery operated RADIO and FLASHLIGHT with extra batteries
- FIRST AID KIT
- WHISTLE to use as a signaling device
- Simple TOOLS such as wrench, pliers, can opener
- Basic SANITATION items like towelettes, garbage bags, tissues
- Changing of CLOTHES including sturdy SHOES
Are you prepared for an emergency situation? Take these simple steps to improve the preparedness of you, your family, and your work colleagues.
GET A KIT
MAKE AN EMERGENCY PLAN
- Have an OUT-OF-Town contact for all family members to report in to
- ICE your cell phone – identify who to call In Case of Emergency
- Be prepared to LIMIT PHONE USE to essential calls and text messages only
- Select a FAMILY MEETING LOCATION in case your house is not safe or accessible
- Get to know the Zone Crew members in your area. They are vital members of the comprehensive UCI response and recovery plan
- Know the emergency plan for your department
- Inquire about the emergency plan for family members’ work and school
- Go to http://www.ready.gov for more preparedness guidance
- For workplace preparedness, go to http://www.police.uci.edu
- Sign up to receive zotALERT text messages at http://www.oit.uci.edu/zotALERT
Emergencies can come without warning – natural disasters, human caused events, deliberate or accidental. The information included in this guide is intended to cover most emergency situations, but is not all-inclusive. No matter what the incident, THINK before you ACT, then act swiftly to minimize your exposure to danger.
UCI Emergency Information Line: 866.IRV.NEWS (866.478.6397). After a large scale emergency, UCI will activate this emergency information line. Information regarding the status of the campus, employees, and students will be available through this number. DO NOT CALL THIS NUMBER TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY.
For area wide emergency information and instructions, tune to the Emergency Alert System:
Local KUCI: www.kuci.org and 88.9 FM
UCI Zot Radio: WQTB 1690 AM
Orange County Radio Station: KWVE 107.9 FM
Los Angeles County Radio Stations: KFI 640 AM, KNX 1070 AM, KFWB 980 AM
UCIPD Social media Links:
- To become a Zone Crew member, contact your Zone Captain.
See http://police.uci.edu/emergency-management/zone-crew.php for more information on the Zone Crew.
- To become a Campus Search and Rescue Team Member (C-SAR),
for training sessions and more information.
- For First Aid and CPR training: the ARC offers free low cost classes conducted by the American Red Cross.
Go to http://www.campusrec.uci.edu, Classes and Clinics for details.