Request Crime, Traffic, and Other Incident Reports
Request Crime, Traffic, Incident, and Other Reports
To request a copy of a report, please complete an Application for Copy of Police Report form and mail, fax, email, or deliver in-person the form to the UCI Police Department. You will be contacted once your request has been processed.
In order for reports to be mailed out, a notarized copy of your ID must be included with the Application for Copy of Police Report form.
Crime and Incident Reports - $5.00
Reports may be released to:
- the victim(s)
- an authorized representative of the victim
- an insurance carrier against which a claim has been made and/or might be made
- any person suffering bodily injury, property damage, or loss
Reports may not be released if:
- the disclosure would endanger the safety of a witness or other involved party
- endanger the successful completion of the investigation and/or a related investigation
- the name and address of a victim of certain specified crimes will not be disclosed
Traffic Collision Reports - $5.00
Reports may be released to:
- Drivers involved in the collision
- Registered owners of vehicles involved
- Parents of a minor driver involved
- Passengers involved listed in report
- Insurance companies
- Those incurring property damage or civil liability as a result of the accident
- Attorneys representing any of the above
Reports are not released to witnesses.
Arrest Reports - $5.00
Copies of arrest reports for pending Court actions can be obtained through the District Attorney's Office. Arrest reports that have been adjudicated are released with the approval of the UCI Police Department.
No arrest reports will be released if:
- the disclosure would endanger the safety of a person
- the disclosure would endanger the successful completion of the investigation or a related investigation
- the arrest is a medical or similar detention and disclosure would constitute an invasion of privacy
Copy of a Citation
To request a copy of a citation, you must mail, fax, or deliver in-person a report request to the UCI Police Department. You can only receive a copy of the citation if you are an authorized person such as the cited individual.
Citation fees are $5.00
*Exception (Fee Waiver) for Victims of Domestic Violence and Identity Theft
California legislation provides that victims of domestic violence may request a copy of their crime report without charge. Due to the severe time constraints imposed upon local law enforcement agencies for providing a copy of the report, victims of domestic violence should apply directly to the concerned area of occurrence for a copy of their report. Records will continue to process requests received by mail from victims of domestic violence as expeditiously as possible. There will be no fee charged to the victim.