- Are you open during the weekends? Unfortunately, we are not open on the weekends. Our appointment hours are located above.
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept cash, check credit, debit, or UCI departmental recharge. Please make checks payable to 'UC Regents.'
- Is free parking available? Yes, please park your vehicle in Lot 1C, located directly behind our police department. Parking stalls marked with 'Visitor' allow you to park for 20 minutes free of charge. If you anticipate exceeding 20 minutes, you may pay for a general parking pass at the self-service kiosk at a rate of $2.00 per hour and then park your vehicle in an unmarked stall.
- How long does a live scan or ink fingerprinting take? On average, each appointment takes 15 minutes.
- Do you provide Live Scan Request Forms? Since all Live Scan Request Forms are unique, we are unable to provide you with one. Please contact your agency to request a copy of their live scan form.
- Do you provide ink fingerprinting cards? Since there are different versions of ink cards, it is recommended you bring an ink card that your agency has provided you. We carry card FD-258 and if it is accepted by your agency, we can provide it to you.
- My employer still hasn't received my results, can you check on the status of my fingerprints? If you are not affiliated with UCI, please contact the Department of Justice fingerprint result status check at (916) 227-4557. You will be asked to provide your ATI# (located at the bottom of your completed live scan form).
- How long does it take to get live scan results? It typically takes three to five business days. However, results can take longer due to the background history of individuals.
The UCI Police Department is currently accepting LiveScan appointment requests for campus affiliates ONLY. LiveScan services may be paid for with cash, check, debit, credit, or by UCI departmental recharge. Please make checks payable to 'UC Regents'.
Live Scan Fingerprinting
The live scan rolling fee is $20.00 plus additional fees as requested (please see below). Please bring the live scan form issued by your prospective employer, volunteer placement, or agency.
|UCI Police Department Rolling Fee||$20.00|
|California Department of Justice (DOJ)||$32.00|
|Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)||$17.00|
|Child Abuse Index||Varies|
Ink fingerprinting is $15.00 for the first card and $5.00 for each additional card.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- Prior to your appointment, complete your ‘Request For Live Scan Service’ form or Ink Card. If you do not have one, please contact your organization.
- At the time of your appointment, present a valid U.S. state issued Driver License or Identification Card Note: If you are unable to present either of these documents, you must submit:
- 1 document from List A in addition to
- 2 documents from List B The name and address must match on all documents provided
- U.S. State Government Issued Certificate of Birth
- U.S. Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military Identification Card (000 10-2)
- U.S. Passport
- Federal Government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- U.S. Tribal of Bureau of Indian Affairs Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Court Order for Name Change/Gender Change/ Adoption/ Divorce
- Marriage Certificate (Government Certificate Issued)
- U.S. Government Issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Foreign Passport with Appropriate Immigration Document(s)
- Certificate of Citizenship ( N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
- INS I-551 Resident Alien Card Issued Since 1997
- INS I-688 Temporary Resident Identification Card
- INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card
- Utility Bill (Address)
- Jurisdictional Voter Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration Card/Title
- Paycheck Stub with Name/Address
- Jurisdictional Public Assistance Card
- Spouse/Parent Affidavit
- Canceled Check or Bank Statement
- Mortgage Documents
Schedule an Appointment
Please call (949) 824-9972 (Campus HR)
June 10, 2019 - September 20, 2019
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Front Desk Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
UCI Police Department
410 East Peltason Drive
Irvine, CA 92697