Community Service Officer
Become a Community Service Officer
No matter your background, major, or career goals, the CSO program is always looking for responsible and hardworking students who enjoy serving their peers while promoting safety at UCI.
Becoming a CSO is unlike any other on-campus job as it offers valuable job experience that can translate to any career path. Our student staff take pride in working for the CSO Program and many of them go on to succeed in their careers after college graduation, especially in the field of law enforcement. Just take a look at successful alumni!
Why this opportunity is great for you!
- On-campus job that's open to all majors
- Starting pay is $13.00/hr ($13.50/hr Post-Training)
- We work around your class schedule, including midterms and finals
- No law enforcement experience required
- Opportunities to promote within the program
- Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate UCI student (Division of Continuing Education students don't qualify)
- Must currently meet or exceed a 2.4 GPA (cumulatively and quarterly)
- Have at least 1 academic year remaining at UCI
- Ability to work 12-19 hours per week
- Availability to work nights and weekends
- A valid Class C drivers license (no former suspension or revocation)
- Able to communicate clearly on the radio and use an earpiece at all times
- Must have a high degree of integrity
- Ability to lift between 10-40 lbs.
- Ability to pass a law enforcement level background check
- Possess leadership qualities
- Ability to communicate assertively
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Customer service experience
- Interest in pursuing a career in law enforcement is a plus!