Residents on campus, who do not reside in a residence hall, may request a patrol check of their home while they are on vacation or away from home for an extended period of time. The request may be submitted by calling Dispatch at (949) 824-5223 or by completing the online "Residence Check" form.
Your residence will be checked on a nightly basis to observe the following:
- Are doors/windows locked?
- Are there damages to the home?
- Are there damages to vehicles parked on the driveway or curb?
- If there are any suspicious circumstances (i.e. door/window ajar, side gate open, etc.)
Vacation Home Security Tips
An empty house is a tempting target for a burglar, so make sure you do your best to have your home look occupied while you are away.
- Do not pack your vehicle the night before. It provides potential theives an irresistable target.
- Do not leave public messages on social media sites indicating that you're out of town.
- Valuables should not be visible through the windows and doors of your residence.
- Stop all deliveries or arrange for someone to pick up your mail, newspapers, and packages.
- Place your inside lights and a radio on timers so that they go on and off, periodically in the evening hours.
- Consider purchasing renter's insurance that will pay to replace your possessions if they are stolen.
- If you return home and something looks questionable (i.e. a slit screen, broken window, or open door) do not go inside. Call 911 from a safe location.