If you have lost an item on campus, you may contact the UCI Police Department from any campus phone at 949-824-5223, Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.
Item pick-up is Monday through Friday 9am-2pm. Items are held for 90 days.
Any missing item must be reported immediately via telephone to the UCI Police Department at 949-824-5223, or online at http://www.police.uci.edu/services/lost_found/lost_property_form.php.
Any person may turn in unclaimed, lost, or abandoned property to the UCI Police Department at any time of day. After business hours, please use the phone in the 'After Hours' lobby and ask to speak with a police officer. An officer will respond to retrieve the property.
ITEMS ACCEPTED INCLUDE:
- Sunglasses and prescription eyewear
- Cellular phones
- Bags, backpacks, purses, wallets
- USB flash drives
- Computer equipment and accessories
- Electronic devices valued above $300
- Cards – Bank card, gift cards, other non-identification cards
- Forms of Identification
- Other miscellaneous valuables such as skateboards, tools, etc.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
Items we do not accept in lost and found due to volume, sanitation, safety, and biohazard reasons:
- Any type of clothing, including coats, jackets, hats, uniforms, and shoes, regardless of value
- Textbooks, books
- Water bottles
- Non-scientific calculators
- Notebooks, binders, folders, papers
- Any type of bedding, including pillows, sheets, comforters
- Any type of room décor, including pictures, lamps, furniture
- Perishable items/food/food containers
- Flammable items (lighters, vape pens, etc.)
- Loose charging cables
- Personal grooming items (combs, brushes, bows, ribbons, scrunchies, etc.)
- Any items containing liquids or gel-like substances or items which could leak or melt
- Any items which present a sanitation risk (soiled)
- Any broken items
- Pepper spray or other similar substances
- Any items which are sharp and could be hazardous to staff
- Paperwork (i.e. homework) which does not appear to be an official document
- Hazardous waste
- Other misc. items valued under $300
Items are maintained for 90 days before disposition. Unclaimed items are held for auction/sale; they are sent to PropertyRoom.com which is an online auction site open for bidding to the general public. They auction all abandoned, stolen, lawfully seized, or unclaimed property of every kind from law enforcement agencies nationwide. The website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Items not acceptable for auction/sale are donated or disposed of through established University channels. When claiming an item, a valid governmental photo identification card/driver's license or UCI student identification card is required. Property will not be released to anyone without valid identification.