- Lock your bike at all times, even if you only leave your bike for a minute.
- Use a strong lock (such as a U-lock) and attach the lock through the frame and rims of the bike.
- Lock your bike to immovable and permanent objects, preferably a bike rack.
- Do not lock your bike to trees, posts, fences, etc.
- Use two locks (i.e. a U-lock and a cable lock) to significantly minimize the risk of theft.
- Secure all quick-release components.
If your bike is stolen on campus, report it immediately to the UCI Police Department at (949) 824-5223.