- Cycling on Ring Mall is prohibited between 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- Bicycles must be parked in a designated bike parking zone.
- Cycling is permitted on all campus roads, designated bike paths, and the inner ring road/Aldrich Park.
- Make sure you lock your bike at all times when not in use (a u-lock is recommended).
- Follow the rules of the road, even stop signs!
- Don't forget to use hand signals.
- Ride single file when riding with others.
- Before riding, check your tires and brakes.
- Obey all traffic signs, signals, and laws.
- Wear a properly fitted helmet with lights and/or reflectors on clothing.
- Ensure your bike has functional brakes and fully inflated tires.
- Be aware of pedestrians, they have the right of way.
- Ride with the flow of traffic and stay in your lane.
- Do not carry passengers without a seat for them.
- Keep one hand on the handlebars at all times.
- Do not wear earphones while riding your bicycle.
- Do not ride recklessly or at excessive speeds.
Don't Let Your Bike Get Impounded!
UCI Police and Transportation & Distribution Services are authorized to impound a bicycle if it:
- is secured to any item other than a bicycle rack designed for parking bicycles.
- poses a hazard or impedes pedestrian access.
- is reported stolen to any law enforcement agency.
- has been used in a reckless manner.
- appears to be abandoned.
(a bicycle is considered abandoned if it remains in the same position for more than 72 hours after notice of impoundment is attached to the bicycle)