- Emphasize the importance of having an Emergency Supply Kit - lead by example and make or purchase one for your home.
- Make an Emergency Plan with your children/family members.
- Establish multiple methods by which you can contact your children (e.g. phone, email, social media, etc.).
- Review the campus emergency procedures with your child.
- Encourage your children to follow campus safety rules.
Your Role During an Emergency
- Do not panic if you cannot reach your child. Following a large-scale emergency, cell phones do not usually work.
- Use resources made available by UCI in order to obtain new, up-to-date, information.
This will include the UCI homepage and UCI Police Facebook page.
- Unless directed to do so, do not come to campus during an emergency as additional individuals and traffic on campus will inhibit response efforts.