- Sign up for zotALERT and make sure to update your contact information if it changes.
- Make or purchase an Emergency Supply Kit.
- Make an Emergency Plan with your family and/or friends in case you need to leave campus.
- Review the campus Emergency Operations Plan.
- Know the difference between shelter-in-place for hazardous materials incidents and secure-in-place for police related activity.
- Know the Zone Crew team members in your building
- Learn relevant building evacuation routes, fire alarm pull-station locations, fire extinguisher locations, and assembly areas for buildings you are in most often.
- Know evacuation routes and pre-designated assembly areas for the buildings you are in most frequently. Be prepared to direct students to assembly areas in the event of an emergency.
- Faculty Members - Include the Emergency Preparedness Insert and the Classroom Emergency Procedures in all course syllabi.
Your Role During an Emergency
- Report an emergency or suspicious activity to UCIPD by calling 911 or (949) 824-5223.
- Facilitate the appropriate response (e.g. Evacuation, Secure-In-Place, Shelter-In-Place).
- Provide assistance to injured/disabled individuals when possible.
- If you are called back to campus, return to campus as soon as possible.
- Assume your emergency response role (e.g. Suite/Lab Rep, Floor Warden, Building Coordinator, Zone Captain, EOC/DOC member, CSAR member, etc.) if you have one.
- Check-in with Department Head/Zone Captain. Report any missing personnel.
- Follow directions given by First Responders.
- Emergency Operations Plan
- Guidance Resources Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- UCI Police Department
- ZotReady on Facebook
- Department Emergency Action Plan Template
- ZOTFinder Application
- If you are interested in a preparedness presentation for your lab, class, or department, please contact:
Training & Exercise Coordinator
949) 824-6090 | firstname.lastname@example.org
or Anne Widney
Emergency Services Manager
(949) 824-7147 | email@example.com