Become a CSO
No matter your area of study or career goals, the CSO program is always looking for responsible and hard working students who will enjoy serving their peers and promoting safety here at UCI and the Irvine community. We consistently maintain a diverse group of student employees who come from different backgrounds and areas of expertise.
Working for a UC Police Department is an extremely valuable and unique experience. Our student staff take pride in working for the CSO Program and many of them go on to succeed in their careers after college graduation, especially in the field of law enforcement.
The UCI Police Department places education as a top priority and we offer our CSOs a flexible work schedule that revolves around class schedules and extra curricular activities.
Why this opportunity is great for you!
- On-campus job that's open to all majors
- Starting pay is $10.50/hr ($11.00/hr upon completion of probationary status)
- We work around your school schedule, including midterms and finals
- No law enforcement experience required
- Opportunities to promote within the program
- Currently enrolled as a full-time UCI student (UCI extension students do not qualify)
- Must currently meet or exceed a 2.4 GPA (cumulatively and quarterly)
- Have at least 1 academic year remaining at UCI
- A valid Class C driver license (has not been previously suspended or revoked)
- Able to communicate clearly on the radio and use an earpiece at all times
- Ability to lift between 10-40 lbs.
- Ability to work 12-19 hours per week
- Availability to work on weekends
- Ability to pass a law enforcement level background check
- Possess leadership qualities
- Ability to communicate assertively
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Must have a high degree of integrity
- Customer service experience
- Interest in pursuing a career in law enforcement is a plus!