Who We Are
Serving as the "eyes and ears" to the UCI Police Department, the Community Service Officer (CSO) program acts as an extension to the UCI Police Department in crime prevention and safety. These student employees provide a communication link between the campus and the Police Department.
General CSO Responsibilites:
- Answering the public's questions.
- Patrolling campus grounds.
- Assisting with community functions and athletic events.
- Providing general security services for special events on campus.
- Conducting nightly safety escorts.
- Opening and closing campus facilities.
- Provide a safe learning and living environment for UCI.
- Promote and encourage safety within the campus community.
- Provide a positive link between students and UCIPD.
- Establish an open line of communication on a peer group level.
- Help to deter crime on campus.
- Maintain a positive image for the UCI Police Department.