The UCI Police Department actively collaborates with our community to create a safe and secure campus through education, problem solving and enforcement. We use innovative practices, technology, continuing training and partnerships to provide professional police services to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from all criminal activity, hazards and threats. In doing so, we foster and maintain an environment that supports the well-being of our students, faculty, staff and visitors at UCI.
The UCI Police Department provides our community with the highest level of public safety and police services. We are committed to respecting human dignity, and to understanding the needs and values of our community. We support, and assist the University of California in its mission of providing excellence in education.
Our VisionThe UCI Police Department will vigorously perform our mission of public service to the UCI community with the highest ethical standards of Honesty, Respect, Loyalty, Fairness, Trust and Integrity.
- A trained and educated staff with a wide mixture and variety of professional and life experiences.
- A sensitive staff that respects human dignity and the rights of individuals.
- Full resources and the utilization of the latest technology in police equipment.
- Enhanced community oriented policing and community based problem solving.
- Crime prevention education and awareness.
- We use the latest equipment to protect, assist, and support the community in public safety and disaster preparedness.
- We participate in all aspects of community safety.
- We maintain access to a mobile command post, emergency operations center, and advanced radio network in continuous operational readiness.
- All personnel are efficient and effective in providing services to the community.
- We are well trained and highly respected within the community.
- Honesty - We are truthful in our words and in our actions.
- Respect - We treat others with dignity, honoring the rights, ideas, and opinions of all individuals.
- Loyalty - We affirm our allegiance to our community, to our Department and to these values.
- Fairness - We are proud to provide professional service in a manner that is fair, courteous, responsive, efficient and effective.
- Trust - We uphold our position of trust by maintaining the highest ethical standards and adhering to the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.
- Integrity - We are people of character and principle. We hold ourselves responsible for our behavior and performance, striving to achieve the highest level of professionalism.