Be Prepared for Emergencies
ZotReady is a UC Irvine program designed to promote skills in emergency mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. Are you ZotReady!? The main resource is a collection of on-line guides from the UCI Police Emergency Management Division. These guides include the basics to emergency preparedness (like making a plan and knowing when to evacuate or to shelter-in-place) as well as guides that emphasize specific sorts of hazards (like advice on what to do before, during, and after a tornado).
Everyone at UC Irvine is encouraged to use these guides and to gain certification of emergency know-how.
Plan for Emergencies
Additional Information on How to be ZotReadyUse the links below to learn more about how to be ZotReady.
- Secure-in-Place: Know how and when to secure-in-place.
- Shelter-in-Place: Know how and when to shelter-in-place.
- Evacuation: Be familiar with the necessary steps involved with evacuation.
- Make a Plan: Plan and prepare for emergencies.
- Get a Kit: Build an emergency survival kit catered to specific situations and environments.
- Returning to Normalcy: These resources will help the recovery process after an emergency.
Emergency Preparedness/Management Training Opportunities at UC Irvine
The Emergency Services staff is available to speak with your class, group, or department upon request.
- Campus Preparedness and Response
- Personal Preparedness
- Zone Crew Training
- Campus Search and Rescue (CSAR)
Active Shooter/Workplace Violence Training is offered by UCI Police Department.
Contact Sgt. LeSage at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a training.